Political and Miscellaneous Articles by: Dennis L. Siluk

Here are Dennis' views on the political scene, along with other issues, be looking for them in the future, they will be coming off and on; along with guest articles, for those who wish to share their opinions, simply email Dennis at dlsiluk@msn.com, and he will select those he likes and put them on his site. see site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com

Friday, February 06, 2009

Michael Phelps: how sorry is he?

First of all, my wife is a swimmer, and likes Michael in the sense of a hero, of Heroes. Now let's admit, he did not commit the unpardonable sin, but my wife was depressed all evening over it, kind of like took the wind out of her. I'm a hard man to please, but she convinced me that Phelps was the real deal, that this young guy had it together. Matter of fact so much so, I told my Godchildren, as they now are going to college, eat, sleep and study, like Michael Phelps does; I took my wife's opinion he was OK. I am a licensed psychologist, and have a doctorate in education, so I am not easy to convince. But Mike proved himself worthy of my wife's respect, and I for once went along with it.
But now I wonder, how sorry is he really? That is questionable in my mind anyhow. There is nothing wrong with making a mistake, and correcting it, saying you are sorry for it, when you mean it. But did Mike really mean it; perhaps he meant: I'm sorry for getting caught, not for smoking pot. The word sorry is simply a word with no action, it is not an action word; you prove it after the fact.
The question comes up then, how many times in the past has he been sorry for things, he did, and did not correct his behavior thereafter. One must look at this simply because, a one time thing is one thing, twice is a pattern, and if we keep saying, 'OK' and he keeps saying 'I'm sorry,' it makes us look gullible.
Kellogg, evidently has some good industrial psychologist's working in their department, they caught this concept early on, and suspended his contract, and stopped the funding for the US Olympic team (of course the Olympic team is running in circles now, trying to convinced everyone Mike is young, and thus does silly things like young folks do, which is a silly way of looking at responsibility vs. responsible behaviour, he is doing a job, and getting paid for it, a professional, this baby stuff, you leave behind you, and now Mike you are man, I don't like these silly excuses when you are on a world wide stage).
Was this smart of the Kellogg Co? oh yes, yes indeed; you see, I am 61-years old, and for 40-of those years when I've walked down the grocery isle, I have often looked at that Kellogg cereal box, turned it around to see who was on it, or even on the front, I'm not even a fan of swimming, nor football, nor baseball, but rather boxing and karate, and I never have noticed one of those athletes, on the box, wake up Kellogg's, and do it right; none the less, I still look at the boxes, the so called heroes of sports. And I if I was Kellogg's I'd not want a dope addict on it.Now back to the 'sorry' stuff! Mike was sorry in 2004, for driving under the influence, in simple terms, endangering the public with his alcoholic behaviour: he was sorry then too of course.
What Mr. Phelps needs to learn is, first, he is replaceable, and there are many people standing in line waiting and perhaps wishing he'd fall, so that they could take his place, sorry to say but he already knows this; second, if the Gold Medals are too heavy, spend some of that money you got from Kellogg, to have someone else carry them. Third, if you're going to be a dope freak, do it in hiding, it will come out anyhow in the wash, but you got a little more time to fool the public, and if Kellogg is not looking directly at you daily, maybe them. Third, we have enough deadbeat heroes out there; get off the podium stand, no one likes listening to a druggie.
Incidentally, he is a liar also, he pledged to "My Victory" an anti drug organization, and I suppose he's sorry to them also. And Mike, I'm really sorry I have to write this article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home