Political and Miscellaneous Articles by: Dennis L. Siluk

Here are Dennis' views on the political scene, along with other issues, be looking for them in the future, they will be coming off and on; along with guest articles, for those who wish to share their opinions, simply email Dennis at dlsiluk@msn.com, and he will select those he likes and put them on his site. see site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Movie Review: The DLS Movie Awards for 1-2009


Movie Review: Movie of the Month (1-2009)


It has been a long time since I did a movie review, or given my opinion on movies, I avoid them, as I try to avoid my opinion on many areas in arts until I find something extraordinary to write, or it stands out above the rest. Having said that let me pick out a few movies worth my time, and the best of the best.
Robert De Niro and Al Pacino in “Righteous Kill” was a worthwhile movie, and gave everyone a surprised ending. They are both well seasoned actors, and it appeared for a while they went backwards in acting, now they got a serious roll, instead of some quick earned cash where all they got to do is move their baby finger.
Another worthwhile movie was the recent one by Liam Neeson, whom seemed to me had retired from the screen, he is back, “Taken,” is a move that we all can identify with, and he does what we’d all like to do, Liam doesn’t let the movie goers down.
The remake of “The Day the World Stood Still,” most remakes are not worth their salt, like the two or three made of “King Kong,” they just get worse, but this one was good, actually a little better than the original and I saw the original when it first came out, and that is hard for me to say.
Keanu Reeves was good in movie, I think he kind of stepped back for a while making movies not worth making, but he made up for all that lazy time, this time, and got paid for acting, instead of just being there. Good Job, he is a young actor, and is back on track.
A strange move called “Red,” came out with Brian Cox and Tom Sizemore (Robert Englund), it is a slow going movie at first, and one does not expect what happens to happen, vengeance is sweet, and the acting is smooth.
But for my money the best of the best, was the movie “Gran Torino,” by Clint Eastwood. The acting is good, even by the actors I never seen before. The theme is good, the plot builds up, and the ending, fools you, and you’ll be satisfied.
It is a movie with a lot of bad language in it, swearing that is, and I don’t care for that, and there is too much of that in movies nowadays, but somehow it fits in this movie, I hate to say. It is Mr. Eastwood’s best movie, or show since “Unforgiving.”
“Appaloosa” the cowboy move, with Viggo Mortensen, Ed Harris in it is a worth while move, and Renee Zellweger plays a worthwhile part, actually her part remained me of someone in my youth, along with Jeremy Irons.
They, the movie makers, seem nowadays to have a hard time making good old westerns, but this one is worth my time.
Well, I hate to tell you what I think of the rest of the junk out there, and there is a lot of it…so if you got nothing good to say, it is best leave it alone.

Last Notes:

I remember Clint, when he was playing in those early cowboy movies, over in Italy, he always got the last punch in. And those Dirty Harry movies, he killed every one, I think he borrowed Elvis' upper lip for those movies. Anyhow, in his second to last good movie, "Uulnforgiven," he went home to retire. In this most recent movie, the Gran...he dies. What is the message here? Perhaps this is his last one, his last movie. Now he can rest, or play with his music, he like that I undersand. Or maybe can do some good for mankind, besides entertaining them for thirty-million to start. Anyhow, good luck.

To be quite honest, I don't have a lot of anything for actors. They come and go, and fade into the dust, when they think they will live on forever, and live like it. Well, if that is the case, farewell to a man who did nothing but act which he did well, and like everyone in such a career in Hollywood, he will be replaced soon. And forgotten soon after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home